About the Candidate
SOLUTIONS ARCHITECTURE | TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY | INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT
firstname.lastname@example.org San Ramon, CA (925) 640-0620 Linkedin.com/in/bahram.barry.behrouz
Senior Executive Strategist and Business Leader focused on repeatable innovative solutions to be delivered as in Data Centers Infrastructure/Cloud Migration. With expertise in fast-growing technology companies’ revenue near $40 billion to a venture capital funded start-up enterprise with revenues grown to over $20 million.
· Experienced in all aspects of customer facing and in-house product development and management from concept to user testing and deployment.
· Led the development of tools for Cisco Infrastructure Management and a Cyber Security Application with Big Data Analytics Engine.
· Cisco Academy Instructor Training Certified. Provided IT Essentials training at Diablo Valley College.
· Successfully completed network implementations and upgrades at several Telecom service providers and many Fortune 500 companies in California in all verticals.
· Deployed Data Center and Call Center tools and management software globally and have also been onsite consultant at the State of California DC supporting their network upgrades.
· Experience SCADA, OT, automation, Operation Platform Communication, IOT.
· Led collaboration between Cisco Systems Inc. and Toshiba America and achieve MOU for Toshiba’s manufacturing factory IOT automation project.
Cloud Migration Project Manager (Wells Fargo) 08/2021 – Present
I led and managed Modernization and Cloud Migration Program for all enterprise teams for the entire program life cycle from Planning and Prioritization to testing and production deployment.
· Grouping of application in WAP, NON-WAP (targeted for Azure), Big Data/AI (targeted for GCP).
· Identified applications for upgrade (.NET to .NET Core), Refractory (Modernize with Domain Driven Design and Microservices Architecture), Migration Ready (Minimum effort required for Cloud Migration).
· Delivered artifacts as a template to follow for application developers for Cloud Migration.
· Migrated to the Internal Cloud (Cloud Foundry) as an intermediate step for migration to the service provider Cloud (Azure and GCP)
· Researched and responded to technical questions from application owners related to modernization and Cloud Migration.
· Built and Maintained Jira to track and report on the migration status of every application targeted for Cloud.
· Built a knowledge base to share lessons learned and facilitated knowledge transfer across the enterprise.
· Supported the build and deployment of new environment and decommissioning the old infrastructure in adherence to the enterprise governance.
Accenture Consulting (Kaiser Permanente – Bank of America Projects)
Project Lead- (Cloud Migration, DevOPs upgrade) 03/2020 – 04/2021
Project Lead for Kaiser IBM Cloud Migration. I led data migration and cloud migration for multiple groups within Kaiser Permanente organization. I owned Dynatrace performance monitoring and ELK log management products and led the evaluation and implementation of those products in the lab environment.
At Bank of America, I project managed upgrade of the product components DevOps environment, identified replacement products and supported the implementation of the new DevOps product components.
Diablo Valley College
Adjunct Professor 04/2019 -03/2020
I taught Information Technology at Diablo Valley College in a program called: “Year UP,” sponsored by DVC and several fortune 100 companies. This course covers all aspects of Information Technology and product lifecycle and I covered IT hardware and software components including servers, networking, storage, security, cloud infrastructure, automation, and shell scripting.
Principal Solution Manager (Director level role) 10/2016 – 12/2019
Collaborated as a member of Data Center Infrastructure Management group, reviewed the proposed solutions that Architects in assigned group offered to the internal customers, delivering the cost estimates as well as the ROI, and providing executive leadership summary reports.
· Performed site surveys for KP Data Center inventory/capacity/power/cooling and options for DC expansions, and researched DC related technologies, including security contributing strategic material to the KP Infrastructure Management executives.
· Collected and analyzed data fed into the forecasting group for estimating the infrastructure growth and capacity planning.
· Led the development and documentation of business cases to assess the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of complex solution proposals.
· Led solution design support efforts and research initiatives for translating requirements into workable technical solutions. Addressed requirements for SOX, PCI and HIPPA Compliance
· Identified value gaps and opportunities for process improvements.
· Supported the evaluation of third-party vendors.
Solutions Architect, Office of CTO Strategy 08/2012– 09/2016
Extended Toshiba’s reach in U.S. market with focus new technology in Cyber Security, IoT, Energy (OT), and Data Analytics.
· I was engaged in Product research in Big Data domain and that Led to the development Cyber Security planning followed by conceptual design and eventually the development of the product was outsourced. I managed the development effort and branded it with CyberFlow Analytics and was involved in all aspects of product development personally participating in UXR testing and evaluation. I led marketing and investment activities for this project. The strategy and product selection were finalized after two years of research and product evaluation of vendors in the security space including Cisco Systems, Inc., Blue Coat, SailPoint Technologies and many more.
· University of California Berkeley LAB Spark Project Sponsor completed training in Spark/ETL/Hadoop.
· Evaluated and made recommendations on early-stage companies with technologies that could complement Toshiba’s Data Center/Cloud/Security/Big Data Analytics strategy. Evaluated leading high performance Data Bases and reporting tools.
· Managed and supervised a team of six researchers focused in the areas of medical, energy and IOT domains.
· Maintained several active research engagements with universities including with Stanford DeepDive, Berkeley AMPlab, and Sensor Lab.
· Lead collaboration efforts between Cisco Systems Inc, and Toshiba resulted in signing and announcement of MOU and collaborative work on Wireless 80211.AG Attachment design and development.
· Extended role to run development reviews to monitor the progress of the vendor’s product development, which was initially designed to run on AWS while still in development stage. The vendor simultaneously ported the product on Toshiba’s next generation Storage/Compute platform. Evaluated Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
B&B Engineering and Telecommunications Services
CEO/Owner 04/2011 – 07/2012
On contract with CSC at Kaiser Permanente Information Technology, Pleasanton, California, supporting deployment and Infrastructure support for Mega business applications (MBE, MP, Oracle, Citrix, WebSphere, Unix, and Windows).
MBE is Medical Billing Application from Kaiser. I tested SQL scripts for MBE and supported deployment of KP applications.
· Co-developed product to display remedy Tickets on Mobile device to allow managers to assign tickets to technical staff and get a chart of Remedy ticket assignments and statuses for their direct reports.
· Provided Technical Consultation and Pre-Sales support with focus on international companies with local projects in the California / Bay Area. (Intraway, Mena-Tech, Huawei-Semantic) www.bbnetworkservices.com.
Product Manager/Technical Marketing Manager 01/2000 – 09/2011
Operated as Solutions Manager of Network Management S/W Products and managed a team of Product Managers, technical marketing and developers that were spread globally and developed one Cisco’s largest investment in tools development. Supported deployment and management of Cisco’s NGN infrastructure for Service Provider Market Segment enabling new service offerings: Video, Voice, Mobile Internet, and Managed Services. Managed a group of Product Managers, TMEs and Developers spread globally in United States (Milpitas, Colorado, Miami), Canada, Ireland, India, and Israel. Project was called Advanced Network Abstraction and was the largest software project outside core operating systems software at Cisco Systems.
· Performed a full product life cycle from inception to product deployment (ANA, Prime, C-Note), including customer experience studies, requirements management, scope-of-work negotiation, Early Field Trials, product collateral and documentation, product launch and other go-to-market activities – Worked closely with Tier-1 Service Providers: from RFI/RFP to deployment.
· Wide Area Network.
· Performed Competitive Analysis Reports, training the Sales Engineers on positioning and insertion of product to new segments.
· Subject Matter Expert, Channel Partner, and System Integrator Training Program (CIC Cisco System Engineers training/Support/Updates).
· Advanced Network Abstraction (ANA): a platform that discovers and models’ physical networks, utilized for management of multi-vendor environments. Managed the Product Enhancement Requests from the customer and Cisco System Engineers and senior executives. MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IPV6, QoS, VPN, Carrier Ethernet, IPV6.
· Cisco Info Center: joint development program (JDP) Fault/Security Management product co-developed by Cisco and IBM. (Netcool).
· Cisco WAN Manager (ATM, Frame Relay, MPLS). Knowledgeable in SDWAN, LTE RAN, 4G, 5G
· Cisco Contact Center, WebEx, Cisco Notification Engine, Cisco Performance Engine
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Automation Developer/Chief Engineer 03/1997-12/1999
Managed the development and deployment of Enterprise Management products at Visa’s Global OPS Centers.
· Deployed Tivoli Enterprise Management platform to Production monitoring near 200 UNIX and NT nodes.
· Co-designed and deployed monitoring for servers located beyond the firewall.
· Co-developed and deployed a bridge between MAX/Enterprise Enterprise Management System and Tivoli to forward Tivoli Events to MAX/Enterprise to be monitored from a single operator console.
· Developed automation for six major Visa International Applications (NACS, SET, IFS, CRIS, GEM, Visa-Cash) to monitor application events with an interface to Telalert application for paging notification.
· Deployed Genesys for Visa Call Center.
Boole & Babbage/BMC
Implementation Manager 03/1992-02/1997
Supported sales of Multivendor Automated eXpert Manager (MAXM), an enterprise management, client/server application that provides centralization and consolidation of the events and consoles of multi-vendor platforms and applications as well as filtration and message suppression via GUI rules based front-end application. MAX/Enterprise automates responses to filtered events via REXX or C automation scripts.
· Alarm Monitoring (Infonet Los Angeles, CA, PG&E, Southern California Edison, Southern California Gas Company)
· Performed hardware/software configuration and implementation, programming automation scripts, product presentations, product demonstrations, writing proposal responses, running product trials and project management.
· Achieved 80% renewal rate for maintenance for acquired software (Comensa) including 2-year delinquent international customer with no formal training in the product line.
Tandem Computers, Inc. 07/1989-02/1992
Senior Data Communication Engineer
Provided technical support for an Advanced Intelligent Network; a joint project between Tandem computers and Pacific Bell, designed with an SS7 interface between a Tandem computer server and a 5ESS switch to add new functionality to the switch.
· Provided Tandem/Data Communication technical consultation for a massive network evolution project to integrate new technology into Pacific Bell’s data network.
· Led application design reviews for LU6.2 communication development project.
· Collaborated on development of multi-vendor /multi-host network facility (“GEMSTAR,” SNA, X.25, VTAM, NEVIEW, NCP) to support corporate data communication.
Master of Science – Computer Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Bachelor of Science – Computer Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
• Agile, ITIL, SDLC
• Devops, PMP, AWS Cloudformation
• Strategic Planning
• Organizational Design, Recruiting
• Strategic Product Management training
• Communication Skills
• San Diego State University Supercomputer, Big Data Boot Camp
• UC Berkeley AMPLAB Big Data Boot Camp
• Stanford (DeepDive, Energy 3.0)
Hardware: Apple Macintosh, Cisco Routers, Grid Router, PC, Sun Sparc, RISC/6000, Tandem, Ungermann Bass, NCR/Comten, Satellite, Microwave, T-Carrier, 3COM, N.E.T IDNX, CISCO, Racal Milgo, SNIFFER.
Networking: X.25, XNS, TCP/IP, LU6.2, MPLS, Wireless, 4G, 5G
Tools & Applications: Dynatrace, Elastic Search, Tivoli, RDBMS, MVS/XA, VM, PC-MS DOS, OS/2, AIX, SNA, VTAM, NCP, NETVIEW, SNAX, INGRES, SYBASE, INTERBASE, REXX, PL/I, BAL, UML, SNOBOL, GPSS
Address: 83 BREVENSVILLE DRIVE, SAN RAMON, CA 94583
Work Authorization: US Citizen
Vaccine Status: Fully Vaccinated for Covid-19